Pipe Thawing & Prevention Services
It’s sometimes likely that wind chills and freezing temperatures can cause your pipes to freeze or even burst. Within the pipe, the water will turn to ice which could then expand and block the line. This will create pressure and cause pipe failure in a few places. The results of frozen pipes could cause serious property damage that is very costly to repair.
Here are some tips to follow to prevent this from happening.
Tips For Thawing Frozen Pipes
- Turn off the water that is leading to the frozen pipes. This will reduce pressure and minimize flooding if the pipe bursts.
- Use a hairdryer to thaw the ice if the pipe is visible. If the frozen pipes are not visible, contact the experts at Elite Plumbing & Heating.
- If you’re unsure if your pipes are frozen but you notice a difference in water pressure, contact a plumber right away. Problems like this could be fixed before any damage occurs.
Frozen Pipe Prevention
- Open the cabinet doors under your sinks and wherever else to allow heat to get to the pipes.
- Insulate the pipes in unheated areas of your home or office. Add heat tape or use heat cables on pipes that are against uninsulated areas.
- Never put your thermostat under 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Contact Elite Plumbing & Heating in Stoneham
If you have frozen pipes in your home or suspect that you do, contact us! We have the tools and experience to professionally thaw your frozen pipes. Contact us today by filling out a contact form or giving us a call at 781-438-2997! We provide all plumbing and heating services to both residential and commercial properties.