Nothing is more annoying than a drain that takes a long time to clean. Even though you might give it little thought, a slow drain can be inconvenient, time-consuming, and highly frustrating.
Most of the time, a buildup of debris and other such materials is the reason behind your sluggish drain. Fortunately, there are some simple procedures that anyone can follow to unclog a slow drain quickly.
This article will summarize all the ways and tips to clear up your sluggish drain. Read this article to learn about them.
Ways to Clean Sluggish Drain
If you are experiencing a clog in your bathroom or kitchen sink, don’t panic. You can use the following methods to clear it out.
Use Boiled Water with Vinegar
Boiling water and adding baking soda and vinegar into your clogged drain is considered one of the best ways to clear a sluggish drain. Here’s what you have to do:
- Boil a few cups of water and pour it down the drain.
- Mix the same amount of vinegar into the baking soda as the hot water you poured down the drain.
- Close the drain with its plug and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Boil the same amount of water again and pour it down the drain.
This chemical combination of hot water, baking soda, and vinegar will do the trick and clear your clogged drain within minutes.
Mix Dish Soap in Hot Water
Dish soap is one of the best degreasers for your sluggish drain. Here is the step-by-step guide for cleaning out your drain with dish soap. All you have to do is:
- Start by boiling a pot of water
- Use a pair of gloves to remove any visible debris.
- Carefully pour the boiling water down the drain. This hot water can break up any grease or grime that might be causing the sluggishness.
- Squirt a generous amount of dish soap directly into the drain.
- Allow the dish soap to sit in the drain for 15-30 minutes.
- After the waiting period, flush the drain with more hot water.
- If the drain is still sluggish, you can repeat the process.
Use a Plunger
Plunger is one of the easiest ways to clear a clogged or sluggish drain. It’s a DIY tool creating suction that can dislodge the clog. A cup plunger is ideal for clearing sink drains.
Contact Elite Plumbing & Heating
If you are experiencing clogged drains and can’t fix them yourself, call a professional! Elite Plumbing & Heating provides 24/7 emergency plumbing services in Stoneham, MA, and surrounding areas. Our team of experts will get the job done quickly and efficiently. Fill out our contact form or give us a call today!